After you try cauliflower breadsticks you will disagree with Mark Twain too, who said, “Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education”.
Cauliflower can be used in so many different ways, and is known for reducing the risk of cancer, especially colon and stomach cancer.
Fool anyone into eating vegetables, cauliflower as bread. This is so great, for kids because it doesn’t look or taste like cauliflower. I dip the breadsticks in anything from marinara, tapanade, or ranch. Keep in mind to keep the bread sticks about 1/2″ thick, and the flipping is can be a little tricky. But you got this, I believe in you!
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 eggs (farm fresh is the best)
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a red pepper
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup grated good quality cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400. Use food processor or grate 1/2 a head of cauliflower
2. Chop or use food processor to combine garlic, herbs, red pepper, and ground pepper. Combine with cauliflower, using your clean hands. Whisk eggs seperately and combine with cauliflower mixture.
3. Add grated cheese, mix to combine evenly.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Spread out an even layer of the cauliflower mixture onto the baking tray.
This is what mine looked like before I cooked it:
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Take out and carefully flip over. Or cheat and place a plate over top and flip over then slide back onto parchment paper line baking sheet. Bake for additional 15 minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, let sit 5 minutes. Cut into strips and enjoy with any dips, marinara, hot sauce, left over bean dips or curries, the list is endless.
Would you like help learning how to get more vegetables in your diet? Make sure you get on the list to learn everything you need to know about food and how to create a life you love.
Just type you name and email below, and start receiving blog posts straight to your email!