Cauliflower Cream Sauce
Fall in love with this plant based cream sauce. I use it on everything pasta, eggs, as a dip, be creative.
1/2 head of cauliflower
1/2 yellow onion cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/3 cup basil
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
pepper to taste
unsweetened, plain, almond milk – as needed
What to do
1. Chop cauliflower. Boil for about 10 minutes, until tender.
2. Drain and puree using an immersion blender or a blender with a tight fitting lid. Add almond milk to achieve a creamy consistentcy.
3. Cover the puree and set aside.
4. Cook onions for 10 minutes, using 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed so onion don’t stick to the pan.
5. Add garlic, thyme, basil cook for one minute.
6. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper, and nutritional yeast, cook for 5 minutes
7. Add the onion mixture to the cauliflower mixture and blend. Add up to 1/2 cup of almond milk to achieve a creamy consistency
Would you like help learning how to get more vegetables in your diet? Make sure you get on the list to learn everything you need to know about food, and how to create a life you love. Just put your name and email below.