I love potato salad, but I hate how unhealthy it is…so I mastered this vegan healthy version
I use my Arugula and Basil Pesto Recipe for this salad.
I love this because not only is it way healthier, but the black beans really help to fill you up.
This is the perfect side dish to bring to a summer BBQ!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 pounds of red potatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- juice of 1 1/2 lemon
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Arugula and Basil Pesto (full recipe) Click for Recipe
- salt and pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO
- Cover potatoes by one inch of water and boil for 10 minutes, over medium heat
- Drain potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine
- Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to enjoying
If you love potato salad and can’t wait to try this healthy version, share this recipe on Facebook or Twitter.
If you can’t make it tonight don’t forget to pin it for later!