I have to say I make the BEST roasted nuts. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it always a crowd pleaser. Oh and best part, totally vegan.
Having some delicious, healthy snacks ready to eat is one way I stay on track with my clean eating. Nothing is worse than being starving with no healthy option, it leads to eating things that don’t serve us, and leave us feeling guilty. This is one thing we learn in Balanced and Beautiful, how to set ourselves up for success with a little planning.
I pack these roasted nuts with me for day trips, and keep some in my diaper bag for when hunger strikes. They’re a little sweet and a little salty with tons of flavour and are always a hit at our dinner parties. Try them out today and let us know what you think in the comments below.
What You Need:
- 4 cups of raw nuts
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 F and lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil
- Mix melted coconut oil with spices, maple syrup and salt
- Add nuts to coconut spice mixture and stir to coat completely
- Spread nuts in a single layer on the greased baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, then shuffle nuts around and bake for another 15 minutes
- Let them cool COMPLETELY on the baking sheet
The key is to roast the nuts just enough to get a good crunch (which will only happen after they’re completely cool), but not so long that they burn. Store nuts in a covered container at room temperature for a week, if you don’t eat them all first.